Effective Date: April 2018
This website is operated by Ogilvy Groep Nederland (“Ogilvy”, "we" or "us").
What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information.
We may gather the following information about you when you contant us directly or use this website:
- Your name, email address and/or telephone number, for example when you send us an inquiry via email or contact us by telephone.
- Information provided by you in relation to submitting a job application to us (this may include sensitive personal information e.g. ethnic origin)
- Our performance cookies may collect anonymous data such as your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device), Mobile device ID and how you browse our website, in order to make improvements and respond to user desires and preferences.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see our cookies page.
How do we use the information?
We will use your personal information in the following ways. We are also required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below:
- To provide you with information that you have requested e.g. a newsletter, bulletins. Our legal basis for processing: Consent – we only use your personal information for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- To respond to specific queries you may raise regarding WPP and its operating companies. Our legal basis for processing: Consent – we only use your personal information for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- To provide you with better ways of accessing information from this website. Our legal basis for processing: Our legitimate interests – we use your personal information to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.
- To process and consider your job application. Our legal basis for processing: Our legitimate interests – we use your personal information to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.
Where do we may send your information?
We are a global company and therefore we may transfer your personal information to countries around the world including the US and other countries outside Europe. We will, where the country to which your data is transferred has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection, put in place appropriate safeguards (we use standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is protected.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. Further details of our group companies can be found here.
We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain analytical information for a period of 14 months. Regarding any information you provide us to process and consider your job application; initially we retain your information for a period of 4 weeks. Pending your consent we will extend this to 1 year.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Third Party Websites
Under 13 year olds
This web site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
About your rights
You are entitled to ask:
- for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal information;
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
- if we are processing your personal information by automated means and on the basis of your consent (see “How do we use it?”, above), for us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to provide your personal information directly to a third party in this format, and, if technically feasible, we will do so; and
- to have your personal information erased, or for our use of it to be restricted (for example, if your preferences change, or if you don’t want us to send you the information you have requested).
Please contact us using the details set out below if you would like to exercise any of these rights. You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information. In The Netherlands, the supervisory authority is the Dutch DPA or Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com or write us at:
Ogilvy & Mather
Attn. Data Protection officer
1079 LH Amsterdam